Getting ready to roll out of our nation’s capitol and it’s been alternately fun and frustrating. Some lessons learned:
1. Me and my 86-pound mutt can indeed stowaway in the women’s dorm for three days.
2. The money I saved on hotel bills was made up for in parking fines outside the building.
3. Chicken bones abound.
4. My daughter is as scrappy as I am. More on that later.
5. People wear ridiculous shoes – both tourists and the millions of office workers on the street.
6. DC is NOT as dog friendly as NYC, and based on what I’ve seen, the folks are much more serious. It’s all that policy-making.
7. People who work for the Smithsonian Gardens love their jobs.
8. There are prophets on park benches.
We’re on to Charlottesville. More later. Peace out.